By viewing DESE's power point, "Diving Deeper: Implementing the 2011 Mass. Curriculum Frameworks for Math," you can read about these new developments (not yet available online; comment below and I'll send you a copy). What might be most helpful to districts is this process for "Developing a Curriculum Map:"
- 1.Assemble an inclusive team of teachers, curriculum leaders, etc.
- 2.Provide time for team to do background work to learn about the standards
- 3.Compare new standards to existing curriculum (map, units, materials, etc.) and identify gaps
- 4.Decide upon elements and format of curriculum map
- 5.Create draft curriculum map
- 6.Develop, adapt, and acquire curriculum materials and assessments as needed